This course enrollment closed 4/28/20
The focus of our 60 Day Challenge (# 2) is improvements in:
- Middle Splits
- Leg Extensions
The muscles that will be stretched to improve the focus of our (#2) challenge are:
- Inner Hip and Thigh
- Hip Flexors and Quads
- Outer Hip, Lateral Thigh and Calf
- Deep 6 External Hip Rotators
- Mid Back, Shoulders and Side Body
The above muscles will be stretched during this phase as they can ALL oppose your Middle Splits, Tilts and Leg Extensions. Of course, some of them will oppose the desired movements more than others, therefore, we will spend a little more time stretching those.
NEUTRAL PELVIS & SPINE
We will be focusing on how to find a neutral pelvis and spine and how to condition the deep core stabilizers of the spine even more in this phase so that the psoas can stop acting as a segmental spinal stabilizer of the lumbar spine and work only to flex this hips.
For dancers this is crucial. There are a lot of hip issues in the dance world that could be avoided with proper conditioning. They are due to the psaos trying to do two jobs when it really needs to focus on one, hip flexion.
The benefits of finding or restoring neutral...
- Shock Absorption
- Muscle Recruitment
- When muscles lie in their proper length they are able to generate more force with less effort & you become more efficient.
Dancer Goals: Efficiency and Ease of Movement
Restoring neutral can help with improved movement patterns, range of motion & efficiency. Deviations occur usually when one muscle group has shortened & another has lengthened. Short muscles can become tight and lose mobility. Lengthened muscles can become week and lose contractability. If you have tightening of hip flexors and weakening of hamstrings you need to focus on restoring the pelvis to neutral.
- Variety is key to stretching. If you want to see safe and effective gains in your flexibility, it’s essential that your stretch routine includes variety!
- Again...adding variety into your daily and weekly stretch sequences ensures that you avoid under stretching and overstretching. It works to safely improve flexibility and mobility, while decreasing your chance of pain and injury.
- Our 60 Day Challenges offer a lot of variety! In fact, the programs include over 60 yoga inspired stretches, all of which target a variety of muscles, to ensure that all muscles and muscle groups are sufficiently stretched.
- We want everyone participating in our challenges to experience success. If you follow the programs you will!
- You will stick with the same stretch sequences for the 8 weeks. Consistency, familiarity and accountability is key to progress and success. If you fully show up and follow the stretch curriculum every week for the FULL 8 weeks you will see progress (and we even tell you how to track that)!
Neutral Pelvis and Spine, Accessing Turnout, Hip Flexor Awareness Exercise - 7 Videos
Day 1 - Warm Up Video (12 Min) & 10 Video Stretch Sequence (20 min)
Day 2 - Warm Up Video (16 Min) & 10 Video Stretch Sequence (12 Min)
Day 3 - Warm Up Video (15 Min) & 9 Video Stretch Sequence (15min)
Day 4 - Rest or Optional FULL Recovery Class Video (65 Min)
Day 5 - Warm Up Video (12 Min) & 10 Video Stretch Sequence (20 Min)
Day 6 - Warm UP Video (16 Min) & 13 Video Stretch Sequence (18 Min)
Day 7 - Rest or Optional Core Video or Recovery Video (15 Min)
You will stick with the same stretch sequences for the 8 weeks of each challenge. Consistency, familiarity and accountability is key to progress and success. If you fully show up and follow the stretch curriculum every week for the FULL 8 weeks you will see progress!
- Student Only Private Facebook Group
- Course does not expire. Go at your own pace.
- Start when you like.
- Streaming Videos (No Downloads Necessary)
- No recurring charges unless you choose a payment plan. No membership fees.
Challenge #1 and #2 do not need to be done in order if you have them both.
Christine, has spent the last two decades guiding others to move with ease, strength and confidence. She has created a progressive dance conditioning system based on yoga and Pilates, backed by science.
Her goal is to help dancers enhance their movement patterns, restore alignment, increase strength, flexibility and mobility. And bring balance to their bodies, minds and lives. Her knowledge and understanding has helped her craft this progressive yoga based system designed to move you forward.
- B.S. in Exercise Physiology from the University of Utah
- Founded Intermountain Pilates Training Center (The only STOTT Pilates training center in the state of Utah)
- First fully certified STOTT Pilates Instructor Trainer in Utah
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 200 and RYT-500 certified
- Studies also include DANCE, anatomy, kinesiology, fascial health, and most everything movement related.
- Condition, stretch and recovery programs created for dancers by dancers.
- Advocates for HEALTHY physical, mental and emotional development in dancers.
- Teacher Training and Certification
While these are all wonderful accomplishments her true passion is her family.
To help dancers, athletes and all enhance their movement patterns, as well as, restore their own unique and ideal alignment, increase their strength, flexibility and mobility and restore balance to their bodies, minds and lives. To raise the bar in dance education, and ensure that dance condition, stretch and recovery methods appropriately meet the growing demands on dancers.
We are advocates for HEALTHY physical, mental and emotional development in dancers. Our mission is to align ourselves with like minded individuals and institutions. We believe it is time to raise the bar in dance education, to ensure that our dance condition, stretch and recovery methods appropriately meet the growing demands on dancers.